برنامج تطوير معلم اللغة الانجليزية
من: 23 اكتوبر 2019 إلى: 06 نوفمبر 2019 (اسبوعان)
The Online Teacher Development Kit a teacher training that introduces English language instructors to best practices, knowledge and skills in the areas of communicative and interactive teaching, learner-centered approach, and active learning. In this course, trainees will be introduced to two receptive skills (Listening and Reading) and two language systems (Vocabulary and Grammar).
Trainees will be also introduced to key language teaching techniques to enhance the learning and teaching experience. This will equip teachers with various ways to introduce, practice, give feedback and check understanding.
:About the lecturers
:Ms. Nour Barazi
Nour Barazi is a certified teacher trainer by Cambridge University. She works as the head of the English language program/ teacher trainer, Continuing Education Department, Dar Al Hekma University in Jeddah, KSA. She also works as a Cambridge CELTA tutor (Certificate in Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages).
:Mr. Zouhair EL AOUNI
Mr. Zouhair El Aouni a certified teacher trainer working currently as the head of the English language program/ teacher trainer, Continuing Education Department, Dar Al Hekma University in Jeddah, KSA.
Before coming to KSA, Mr. Zouhair EL AOUNI served as a Fulbright researcher at Hobart and William Smith Colleges, Geneva, New York. He is currently preparing his PhD at Mohamed V University on “Language, Culture, and Society”.
:The course covers the following topics
Unit one: Teaching Reading
- Receptive skills 1
- Receptive skills 2 - reading
Unit two: Teaching Listening A
- Receptive skills 3- listening
- receptive skills 4
Unit three: Teaching Grammar
- Systems session 2
Unit four: Teaching Vocabulary
- systems session 3
- systems session 4
:At the end of the course you will be able to
• Understand the jargon used for describing reading skills, and apply this to planning and teaching, and highlight some of the obstacles learners may face when trying to understand texts
• Present ways of making reading texts more intelligible to learners
• Understand the basic terminology used for describing listening skills, and apply this to practical teaching, and highlight some of the difficulties learners face when listening
• Introduce the different approaches used in teaching grammar and present the main features that teachers should not miss in a grammar lesson
• Introduce teachers to some interactive/fun activities that teachers can use in class and the different approaches used in teaching lexis
• Present the main features that teachers should not miss in a lexis lesson
- Awareness of language and a good competence in English, both written and spoken
- Having the potential to develop the necessary skills that will enable you to become a good teacher, and the eagerness to learn